This Piece of furniture was looking dated in its current surroundings and did not compliment the clients decor so we were asked to work our creative magic.
First of all we removed all the hardware, handles, doors and drawers. We then sugar soaped the entire item as to make sure it was perfectly clean and free of any grime or odours.
The only prepping involved when using vintage with Grace Chalkpaint is as follows
- Clean the piece with sugar soap.
- Lightly sand any area that is chippy or rough.
- If necessary use frog tape, I recommend this rather than masking tape, as it doesn’t peel away any paint.
- Use one of one of our natural bristle brushes or a sponge roller and simply apply Vintage With Grace Chalkpaint.
- To seal and protect your piece, we recommend using Polyvine Matt or Satin Wax to finish.