Sally champion from Vintage by Sally Ann took this classic piece and reworked it using Vintage With Graces Portobello Chalk Paint. As you can see the results are stunning as the colour works wonderfully with the large glass paned doors.
As always we removed all the hardware, handles, doors and drawers, then sugar soaped the entire item as to make sure it was perfectly clean and free of any grime or odours.
The only prepping involved when using Vintage with Grace Chalkpaint is as follows
- Clean the piece with sugar soap.
- Lightly sand any area that is chippy or rough.
- If necessary use frog tape, I recommend this rather than masking tape, as it doesn’t peel away any paint.
- Use one of one of our natural bristle brushes or a sponge roller and simply apply Vintage With Grace Portobello Chalkpaint.
- To seal and protect your piece, we recommend using Polyvine Matt or Satin Wax to finish.